Supplying metered quantities of jam to a pasteurizer without
crushing the berries (with cleaning-in-place requirement)
Fluid name: Jam
/ Industry type: Food
The existing pumps the customer was using for metered supply of jam with berries to the pasteurizer had the following issues.
- While there was a need for higher system pressure in order to improve sterilization effect, valves could not be used because there were solids in the jam.
- The current cleaning-in-place of the line was not at a satisfactory cleaning level.
- Seeds in the berries crushed by the pump were causing wear in parts, degrading the capacity of the system.
The Hygienic series Mohno Pump NHL-F was adopted as the solution as it offers the ability to be cleaned in place and can also keep the berries intact. Another Mohno Pump capable of maintaining in-system pressure via pressure control was also installed on the exit side.
- Berries mostly keep their shape and concerns about seeds causing wear were eliminated.
- Equipment can now be cleaned in place to a satisfactory standard.
- The customer is now able to maintain in-system pressure without the use of valves.
Standard sanitary pump model that supports a wide range of fluids from watery fluids to high-viscosity fluids.